“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.
Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.”

~ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~


Monday, December 6, 2010

Yule Altar Additions

Remember that little 'Frosty Fern' from my previous post? Well, he's all potted up now and has found his place on the Yule altar. I have to tell you that I've never been quite so enthralled by a plant before. While they all have their special places and special meanings, this little guy has stolen my heart.

While reading about the traditions of Yule somewhere (I'm reading in so many places I can't quite remember where) I came across a lovely description of the 'Goddess cradling the newborn Sun-God in her arms'. That description stuck with me and while browsing the internet just the other day, I found this gorgeous statue that captured that description to beautifully for me. So rather than waiting for the bidding to end, I jumped all over the 'buy it now' button and now, just a few short days later, this gorgeous piece sits on my Yule altar.

Every time I gaze at this piece, my heart is warmed by the tenderness of the Goddesss cradling the newborn Sun. It's an image that will carry me through the holidays as I'm reminded what the season is really, truly all about . . .

post signature

3 comments:

SpiritWings said...

Your alter is beautiful!! The statue is just perfect! You have such an eye for decorating!!
Many blessings to you and yours this Yule season.

bois-fleurie said...

I love the statue,and the way you have created such a beautiful display

Unknown said...

These are just gorgeous! I'm so glad I stopped by today. I hope you are enjoying this wonderful time of year. By the way, if you stop by my blog http://seshatmoonwillow.blogspot.com I am having a wonderful Yule give away. Lot's of great stuff in the package.
Hugs, Seshat