“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.
Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.”

~ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~


Friday, December 31, 2010

12th Night ~ HAPPY NEW YEAR!

12th Night
December 31st

"Thus ends the season of Yule as we prepare for the upcoming year. It's a time to remember from whence you came as well as a time to make plans for the near future. Take oaths, make promises, hold inventory so you know your present position in relation to where you want to be. Remember, "Luck often enough will save a woman (or man) if her (or his) courage holds” (The Celtic Warrior)."

Have you made your resolutions yet? I decided last year that resolutions, quite frankly, suck. I always start out with a big hurrah and by the end of the first week my big hurrah has fizzled, slightly resembling burnt bacon.

And so I simply agree with myself that yes, I will eat better, I will exercise more and I'll try to spend less money. I don't set dates as I consider myself a work in progress, trying all year long to accomplish tiny goals I set for myself daily, weekly or monthly. I don't need a resolution to tell me that I need to clean out my closet.

So in lieu of making resolutions this year, I decided that a simple prosperity spell would work well for all areas of my life. This one was written by Elen Hawke from her book 'The Sacred Round'.

A Simple Prosperity Spell

What you'll need:
- a fresh green candle with candle holder
- altar candles
- matches or lighter
- Patchouli oil
- a censer, cauldron or other fireproof container with charcoal
- Frankincense incense or a mixture containing Patchouli
- a bowl of water
- a container of salt

Cast your circle or simply do this spell at your altar. Light the altar candles and charcoal block for incense. While the charcoal is igniting, sit quietly and breathe deeply and calmly to ground and centre yourself. Place some incense on the charcoal.

Consecrate the green candle through the elements, then prime it with Patchouli oil, concentrating hard on your magical goal as you do so, voicing it in your mind over and over again, putting emphasis and energy into the words.

Now hold the candle to your third eye and concentrate hard on visualizing prosperity; see how circumstances will be for you when the needed prosperity arrives, be very determined; believe that your desire will come about; specify that it happens in a way that is right for you and harms no one, including yourself. Will energy into the candle so that your visualization is empowered. When you feel you have done enough visualization, light the green candle from the altar candles, saying:

"I light this candle to bring prosperity into my life.
To the free will of all and the highest
good for all concerned.
In the names of the Goddess and God, so mote it be.
Blessed Be."

Let the candle burn for a while (if you are doing this spell as part of another rite, then until the end of the ritual will do). When you snuff out the candle, visualize prosperity as though it is already a part of your life.

Relight the candle every night for a predetermined period of time. A good length is until the end of the moon's cycle (ie. until just before the next new moon). If you feel you need more time to reinforce the spell, then rekindle the candle nightly until the moon returns to the same phase in which you started. Be sure to leave enough of the candle to burn each night and make sure it's completely consumed by the end of the final lighting.

This spell could also be done with an orange candle and cinnamon oil. Using orange helps you to be more determined if you are feeling unsure about whether the spell will succeed. Green is good if you're prepared to let things flow in a gentle manner, coming to fruition in good time.

A little bit of fun from my favorite singer 'Pink' . . .



And a . . .

Happy New Year Wish

My Happy New Year wish for you
Is for your best year yet,
A year where life is peaceful,
And what you want, you get.

A year in which you cherish
The past year’s memories,
And live your life each new day,
Full of bright expectancies.

I wish for you a holiday
With happiness galore;
And when it’s done, I wish you
Happy New Year, and many more.

~ Joanna Fuchs ~

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and may we be blogging great things during the coming year! I am going to do a prosperity spell tonight as well.

Terri said...

Happy New Year to you too! I so enjoy your blog and your posts. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
Hugs,
Terri