“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.
Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.”

~ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Samhain ~ 2011

Do you ever feel like a chicken with it's head cut off? I'm feeling that way lately. I don't know if it's because I feel the need to do some fall cleaning or if it's the myriad of projects I have on the go, or the Samhain/Halloween parties I've committed to. Probably all of the above.

One party that I'm looking forward to is one that my friend Carl and I are hosting on October 29th. My friends have graciously accepted the invitation to partake in Samhain Celebrations with me! We're having a traditional Samhain Feast complete with a roast turkey, Butternut Squash and Apple Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, corn bread . . . okay, I'll stop - I'm making myself hungry.

After dinner we'll revel, share and tell stories and then at midnight we'll be conducting a Samhain Ritual. It's the first time I've shared in ritual with my friends and I'm elated to be sharing it with friends who trust, understand and accept my beliefs. They're a great bunch! I love you guys!

In the Spirit of Samhain, I've posted two rituals to my 'Sabbats and Esbats' page. One is simpler than the other, but both are meaningful and catch the Spirit of this beautiful time of year when the veil is thin and we can connect with our Ancestors and loved ones.

Wishing you all a Blessed Samhain and a Happy New Year!!

Photobucket

6 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

This time of the year always gets so crazy! I have been felling like a chicken with my head cut off too!

Your decor is looking beautiful!

LuLu~*xoxo

AlphaBetsy said...

I had two Halloween parties this past weekend at my house, so I completely understand why you are feeling that way. Your decorations and altar are gorgeous. Have a beautiful Sabbat and ritual.

Anonymous said...

I love this post the photos are wonderful ! I really love the lighting !

Vivienne Moss said...

Very beautiful. I love the Ancestor alter, very spiritual.

Samhain Blessings, V.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the altar photos! Makes me wish I had that collection of pretties!

Also, love the new playlist. I hope you don't mind but I am going to copy most of your list and put some music on my blog too. :)

TitusL said...

Lovely Post thank you, I thought that you might like my machinima film of
The Song Of Amergin, as A Samhain Story,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aZsoPRqWqw
Samhain Blessings
Celestial Elf ~