“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.
Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.”

~ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~


Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pagan Pride Day

Last Saturday we attended Pagan Pride Day here where we live. The morning started at 10 a.m. with the opening ceremony. Several people gathered and joined in the circle. It was a moving experience and I enjoyed listening to blessings from people on different paths.

After the circle, we went and checked out the vendors. There were some pretty amazing items to be had, but in the end I purchased a handmade silk scarf with the Cho Ku Rei symbol on it. This scarf has some kind of energy, let me tell you.

As I shared in a previous post, I attended the Heathenry/Asatru workshop, which was informative and interesting. Let's just say that this is not the path for me. It's a little on the harsh side and doesn't fit with my sensitive sensibilities. However, if it's a path you follow, I totally respect that. It's just not for me.

I was going to attend the Green Burial workshop, but at the last moment changed my mind and attended a workshop on divination. I should have attended the Green Burial workshop. I was disappointed and quite honestly didn't take anything away with me. It seems as if this lady was collecting information for a book she's been writing for the last ten years (or was it two?) rather than offering anything valuable to the attendees. Lesson learned, listen to your intuition and attend your planned workshops.

All in all, it was an interesting day. The weather was gorgeous and I met some very nice people and even learned a little something too. A day well spent I'd say!

Photobucket

2 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

That chair you were sitting in was amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Tereza it sounds really informative and creative ! I love that chair you are sitting in ! looks like the day was really good weather too ☺ Thanks for sharing
lov Rox