“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.
Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.”

~ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Abraham-Hicks

Last Friday my friend, Carl, and I headed down to Chicago to participate in the Abraham-Hicks workshop scheduled for Saturday. We took a leisurely drive down, taking the scenic route and stopped at the quaint little town of Lake Geneva. We stopped over for about an hour, checking out some of the cute little shops along main street. Then we got back in the car, after stopping at Starbucks, and made our way to Lincolnshire.

Beautiful sunrise from my hotel room.

After spending a very restless night, I awoke the next morning excited and anticipating the day. We started with breakfast at Panera Bread and then made our way to the hotel where the workshop was being held.

Esther and Jerry Hicks

Esther came onto the stage, said 'hello' and then 'goodbye' and Abraham was front and center ready to deliver his message and then was ready for the audience to ask their questions. I had put my hand up throughout the morning, but each time I did I felt the pangs of nervousness and well, quite frankly, unworthiness. Fortunately for me a man went up to the 'hot seat' and asked the question, "What is worthiness?", whereupon Abraham delivered the answer.

After that I felt something shift within me. After the final break, I sat in my chair, grounded and centered myself definitely feeling 'different'. No sooner had I finished my little exercise, I put my hand up and to my amazement, Abraham called ME to the hot seat! Admittedly, I was nervous, but I managed to get my question out and have it answered. I can't quite remember everything Abraham said to me, because I was nervous, AND he was emitting such a strong and powerful energy, AND he was looking directly into my eyes, that I couldn't quite focus on what was being said. I did, however, order the audio CDs so I'm looking forward to sitting down with a cup of tea and listening all over again to the amazing and wonderful workshop I had participated in.

If you don't know who Abraham-Hicks is perhaps you have heard of 'The Law of Attraction'. If not, it's something that I encourage you to look into . . . it's empowering and helps you realize that 'yes, I am responsible for my life and how I create it to be' - something us Wiccans already inherently know.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Shell said...

I love listening to Abraham. Being able to go see this workshop must been amazing. Kudos for you to being brave and raising your hand to get a question answered.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful workshop and a blessing to have such an experience. It sounds as if you will receive the gift you most seek at this time.