“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.
Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.”

~ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~


Friday, April 22, 2011

A Dash of This and a Pinch of That . . .

Well, here we are at Friday once again . . . the weeks go by so fast! Of course, I probably wouldn't be saying that if I worked a mundane job all week, so I feel for those of you who do.

I thought I'd share a few goodies with you that I purchased this week . . . well, that and I'm procrastinating on my Beltane post - there's so much that I want to include and I find I'm editing and re-editing - sometimes one should leave well enough alone. However, it will get done and I'll post it within the next few days.

First off is a picture I quickly snapped of a Hawk sitting in my backyard tree. I could just make him out from where I was sitting in the sunroom, surprised actually, that Bijou wasn't freaking out over him. Usually she sees them before I do and I'm left wondering what all the fuss is about. You can just make him out in about the center of the picture . . .

I popped into Marshall's the other day and picked up this little oil burner for $4.99. I love the little spirals on it which I'm sure will dance once I put a tealight candle in it. I plan on using it for the first time at Beltane.

I purchased these items from "White Magick Alchemy' on Etsy. I've been wanting an oil to use in my Esbats to dress candles and such, so this was a good find in Nan's shop. The Fires of Beltane is a resin mix I'll be using at Beltane and I also purchased three tumbled black Moonstones, which I thought would be awesome to use during Esbats.

I've been finding some rituals and spells lately that use a hand mirror in them and not owning one, I went shopping on Ebay where I found this lovely. It's a bit scratched up, but I think that just adds to the character. It will go into a black velvet bag when not in use to keep it clear.

And what would my post be of late without a mention of a stone or crystal? Well, I found this lovely Carnelian necklace at a website belonging to Judy Fritts, a talented jewelry designer, and knew I had to have it. Like I've said before, I can't get enough Carnelian right now. Judy's prices are very reasonable for the quality of work she does. I hope you'll stop by Judy's website - who knows? You might find something that jumps out at you!

Okay, so I took it off long enough to get a really good picture . . .

Have a Blessed weekend and Happy Easter to those of my family, friends and you who celebrate it.

Photobucket

No comments: