“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.
Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.”

~ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~


Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blessings Abound

'I made it through the wilderness, somehow I made it through, didn't know how lost I was until I found you . . .'

(Madonna ~ Like a Virgin)

Okay, so the name of the song isn't exactly what I was going for, but this line from the song says it all. If you read my previous post, you know that I've had a few discouraging days going through the loss of a friendship because of my beliefs. I questioned myself and those beliefs . . . making it through the wilderness and finding that I'm indeed not lost, that I have so many loving, supportive and encouraging people in my life. Thank you all for your encouraging words and I'm truly blessed that in some small way I was able to help some of you as well with situations in your lives. Blessed Be the Goddess and the God.

And now for some fun! I arrived home from visiting my friend Linda on Friday to find a strange package waiting for me. Brian was giving me the gears for ordering something again (little did I know it was part of his ploy) and I told him I was at a complete loss ~ that I hadn't ordered anything (at least nothing shaped like an elongated triangle ~ wink, wink). So together we tried to get the package open to see what was inside. It was no mean feat! That package was sealed up good and tight!


Do you see the little aura above my hand on the handle . . . a wood spirit no doubt!

Anyway, with a great amount of effort, we managed to get the package open and to my utter astonishment, delight and surprise . . . it was a hand-made broom! Well, the secret, er, the broom was out, and so Brian had to admit that he knew a package was coming for me from my best friend Bernie for my 50th birthday. He's getting so sneaky in his old age!

Yes, it was a beautiful hand-made broom from a company in Vancouver, British Columbia called the Granville Island Broom Company. Apparently Bernie had bought herself a broom while on vacation there in September and upon sitting in her kitchen mulling over what she should get me for my birthday, looked up and saw her own beautiful broom. AH HA moment! So she ordered one up especially for me! And I have to tell you, it's perfect!

Oh, as a side note ~ the Granville Island Broom Company also made brooms for the Harry Potter movies, Bewitched and several other shows.

The broom's handle is made out of Manzanita wood and the bristles are made out of unprocessed broomcorn, a durable natural fiber (it says so on the tag). So now I have a beautiful broom to use in my practice and display proudly in my altar room. It really is a work of art.

So thank you, Bernie, from the bottom of my heart! I can't express in words what this gift means to me . . . I'll treasure it always.

Here's a great link regarding care and feeding of your broom ~ Ancient Broom Lore

post signature

6 comments:

goddessandmagick said...

Darn!! I would love to have one too!! Safe rides Girl!!

Marfi-topia said...

its so pretty!!!I have a broom that was given to me as a gift, and it gets more beautiful with age.
congratulations!
have a wonderful day...you look so cute with it too:)

Den said...

What a terrific gift. It is absolutely beautiful!

Suzanne said...

Its wonderful! I love it! My hubby makes our brooms, ok, he has made one BUT its a nice pretty big one!

I know you will enjoy it!

Granville Island Broom Co. said...

Thanks for this great posting! We're happy to hear you are enjoying your new broom. Would you mind if we share this entry with our online social network?

Plumrose Lane said...

Oh wow, what a fabulous gift!! Your sweet friend Bernie sure knows you well! ... and that husband of yours... hmmm, one sneaky guy! ;D
Hugs♥