“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.
Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.”

~ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~


Friday, November 18, 2011

I AM . . .

This fill in the blank poem circulated on facebook today so I took some time to sit with it and think about what I really felt in answering the questions. Some answers came straight away, others I had to think about . . . really think about. I've been working on setting my ego straight, you know, the gal who wants it all for herself, world be damned. It's not who I am anymore, well, not that I ever really was. Of course I want my world to be beautiful, but I also want the world as a whole to be beautiful with joy, abundance and love for everyone.

This is no small task. It takes work. Real work. It takes introspection, journaling and reading, lots and lots of reading. And every now and then it takes something like this poem to prompt one on to a greater level of understanding, not only of oneself, but of the world and the people in it.

So, here's the poem as it appeared on facebook and following is the poem I wrote . . . hope you enjoy and take some time to write your poem.

I AM

I am (two special characteristics)
I wonder (something you are actually curious about)
I hear (an imaginary sound)
I see (an imaginary sight)
I want (an actual desire

I am (the first line of the poem restated)
I pretend (something you pretend to do)
I feel (a feeling about something imaginary)
I touch (an imaginary touch)
I worry (something that really bothers you)
I cry (something that makes you very sad)

I am (the first line of the poem repeated)
I understand (something you know is true)
I say (something you believe in)
I dream (something you actually dream about)
I try (something you make an effort to do)
I hope (something you actually hope for)

I am (the first line of the poem repeated)

by My Destiny Astrology


I AM

I am Grace and Compassion.
I wonder what's on the other side.
I hear the song of a bird.
I see the world as it was in the beginning.
I want life to be abundant and joyful.

I am Grace and Compassion.
I pretend I have everything I desire.
I feel excited about life's possibilities.
I touch the face of Love.
I worry I'm not living my full potential.
I cry for animals who are abandoned or abused.

I am Grace and Compassion.
I understand that in order to succeed, I must first do the work.
I say life is a journey and the only truly important thing is love.
I dream of living, giving and sharing in a beautiful, healed world.
I try to live a better life every day.
I hope for a world of peace and prosperity for all.

I am Grace and Compassion.

by Teresa Martens



post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Tereza !

Anonymous said...

I just did it and I realized we both chose compassion lol I came back to read yours again and post about my poem ☺ Thanks again

Anonymous said...

i love your post! thanks for sharing... God bless you loves soraya

Plumrose Lane said...

Your poem is simply beautiful♥