“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.
Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.”

~ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gloomy Day Decorating

Well, the weather outside is frightful, but inside it's so delightful . . . okay, so I'm not really a singer, but I try! Anyway, the weather here really is frightful, it's gloomy and raining and I'm trying to find ways to keep myself from giving in to the melancholy that's sitting just below the surface of my being. I'm doing pretty well by keeping my thoughts positive and of course, when all else fails, there's always a bit of decorating that can be done!

I'm always amazed at how an altar or in this case, garden window theme, comes together considering I always start out thinking I haven't got a thing to wear . . . or, ummm . . . a thing to decorate with. I started out by removing all the items and giving the window a good cleaning. Then I placed back the owls and green glass candy dishes. I added my favorite teacup, a tealight lamp that's been sitting in my basement for ages, a bit of greenery, some crystals and the glass dome that I didn't have a thing to stick under. Then inspiration struck! Why not fill it with pinecones?! And so I did. Voila! A beautiful new decorative scene for me to enjoy whilst I get dishpan hands doing dishes.

I hope you enjoyed this little break from the stroll and hope you'll be back again tomorrow for Day 9 of Stroll the Shops for Christmas!

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, as always!

Vivienne Moss said...

Beautiful and serene.

Blessings, V.

Bree said...

This is so lovely and welcoming :)

AlphaBetsy said...

Beautiful!!