“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.
Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.”

~ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~


Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Life does that . . .

It was a little chilly this morning when I took the dogs for a walk and it's been cloudy all day. Not that I mind a little bit of coolness after a hot and humid summer, but am I ready for fall? Perhaps, but definitely not ready for winter and the cold and snow that comes with it.

This month has certainly been filled with ups and downs. My dog, Shelby, has transitional cell carcinoma (which means he has bladder cancer). We're ever watchful and have decided to do palliative care rather than put him through sessions of chemo and trips to unknown places with unknown people. He seems to be doing well on the medication given to him by the vet and I'm hopeful he has many more months with us.

On Sunday we came home after being out doing errands and at supper time I noticed that part of Keeya's lower beak was missing. We're not sure what happened, but a trip to the vet was in order for pain meds. I'm amazed at how far avian care has come as they were able to fashion a makeshift beak for her until her's grows back in. Poor little thing!

My dear friend's husband lost his job (but got a new one right away). Still, my trip to Pennsylvania has been postponed indefinitely. Bummer!

On the upside, it's my 21st wedding anniversary this Thursday. We're not celebrating in a big way, but we'll be spending time together and that's what really matters. It's also my friend Carl's birthday this weekend so I've planned a birthday bash for him which I'm really looking forward to.

There are many ups and downs along life's highway, but if we can stay focused and not get derailed by the twists and turns in the road, we'll make it through, hopefully, with a smile on our faces at the end of the journey . . .

Photobucket

2 comments:

Celia said...

Well...your post brought tears to my eyes....I had a Sheltie named Shelby that I lost last year....my Shelby was a girl....and I miss her so very much. I am very sorry for what your Shelby and family are going through...watching our pets suffer is a very hard thing. My heart goes out to you.

Cassy said...

I hope your cute dog will live longer and be fine by God's grace.

Cassy from Guitar Scales For Beginners