“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.
Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.”

~ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~


Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Vegetarian Breakfast Idea

I'm into day three of being vegetarian and despite a few drawbacks (I had two hotdogs yesterday) things are going pretty well. This morning though I was looking for something different for breakfast and decided to google vegetarian breakfast ideas. There were quite a few to choose from, but ultimately I went for the 'Sweet Morning Potato'.

1 cooked sweet potato
1/4 cup plain or vanilla yogurt (use soy yogurt if you're off dairy)
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts

I have to say it's a twist having a potato for breakfast (other than hashbrowns) but the combination of vanilla yogurt, maple syrup and nuts was a treat for my pallette and my tummy is very satisfied. Quick, easy and yummy! What more is there?

Now about those hotdogs - this week is about organizing and using up what's in the freezer. Since there's just the two of us, we don't usually buy too much other than what we need for the week so there's not much meat that we actually have to get through, which I'm very glad of because once I make up my mind I want to get it on!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Tara said...

Sounds yummy and very creative! Im a vegetarian too and it can be heard at first. But after a while, you dont even crave meat. Good luck to you! Blessings *)O(*