“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.
Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.”

~ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~


Monday, April 16, 2012

My New Aquarium

Well, I hadn't intended on getting a 20 gallon aquarium, but when Brian said it's only a few dollars more to get a 20 gallon from a 10 gallon, I thought 'why not?'. And so we came home with a 20 gallon aquarium for my Betta fish 'Reiki', three glolite tetras and two emerald green corydora (catfish).

After a few days, however, I decided to move Reiki back into his bowl because the tetras were nipping pretty fiercely at his tail. He seems happier back in his bowl and is blowing bubble nests (apparently a sign that they're happy).

So, with Reiki back in his bowl, I decided to add more fish to my aquarium. I added two more glolite tetras. After a week I added two gourami. Unfortunatley, they were fighting (they are related to Betta fish) and so I returned one of them and came home with three serpae tetra. I also added one more corydora as they like to flock together in larger groups.

So, here I am thinking everything is okay, but such is not the case! The serpae's are nipping at the gourami, so I'm going to buy three more serpae's and see if that solves the problem. Apparently, they like to be in schools so I'm hoping that with the bigger school, they'll leave the poor gourami alone. He's not in dire straights or anything, but I think he'd be happier if he was left alone.

So that's the beginning of aquarium life for me. I do enjoy sitting and watching the fish swim about. There's something peaceful and calming about the aquarium . . . and it draws me in . . . every time.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Tereza,

I found your blog today while browsing a variety of art blogs and am so glad I did :-) I had to smile when I read the "about you" section at the top because I'm an American who moved to England 2 years ago after following my heart. It's a strange and exciting thing to move from one country to another as I'm sure you know, lol, and although I often feel like Alice who has tumbled into Wonderland, I'm embracing the journey and enjoying every minute!

Angela said...

Oh wow....and I just realized you are in WI which is exactly where I have moved from. LOL. It is indeed a small world!

Sara said...

hope you enjoy your ne aquarium and fish. My mum doesnt have much luck with tetra's they dont seem to last very long. yours look lovely. Hugs Sara