“You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.
Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.”

~ Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull ~


Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Abundance

I've been slowly and carefully putting together an abundance altar for our home. Not only is it something magical, but it's also filled with power and grace. It sits in my kitchen garden window and as I was looking at it and appreciating its beauty, my attention was taken by all the activity going on outside the window.

I was awestruck at all the birds that were sitting on my bird feeders. There were Chickadees, Gold Finches, House Finches and Sparrows. Each little perch was filled with a bird happily eating the seeds that I offered there. And as I was watching this amazing dance of color and flight, a Hummingbird flew past the feeder and made his way around the Hummingbird feeder I have hanging close to the bird feeders. I love Hummingbirds, they're the magical and evasive fairies of the garden. I was in awe of the glorious activity going on before my eyes. And if all this wasn't enough, a female Cardinal flew in and joined in the reverie along with a couple of morning doves and a chubby cheeked chipmunk gathering seeds on the ground.

I am in a glorious state of GRATITUDE this morning for all of the ABUNDANCE that surrounds me. My heart is overflowing with it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Beautiful..such a lovely sparkling post! Enjoy the gifts of abundance and all the blessings enfolding you!

Cindy said...

Hi you have a beautiful blog, I stumbled upon it from Plumrose Lane, Your photos are lovely, may you always enjoy your gifts of abundance. always glad to meet another Canadian. Good luck with your adventurers, I am a new follower. be well.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous window. May your feeder remain unplagued by squirrels. :)

Plumrose Lane said...

Oh Teresa, how fortunate you are to share you days with such delightful creatures!! I just adore your abundance alter too and I can't think of a better place than in the window where you get to witness and share nature's abundance of beauty in flight!
Hugs♥♥

Plumrose Lane said...

Thanks so much for adding the subscribe button!!♥♥